The original recipe calls for using shortening. It comes out great that way, and also using butter like I did in these pictures. I haven’t tried with coconut oil, but I bet it would come out great, too. I do not recommend using margarine.
Fill to the 1 cup mark with milk. ( In these pictures, I doubled the recipe, that’s why I’m filling to the two cup mark) Mix thoroughly.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
Pour into greased pan.
Bake and enjoy with your favorite frosting.
Finished pic coming soon. They ate it before I got a picture!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. slat
- ¼cup melted shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Drop 2 eggs into melted shortening. Fill to 1 cup with milk.
- Add to dry mixture. Add vanilla.
- Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake for 45-50minutes at 350* or until inserted knife comes out clean.
For more recipes, visit: