I came across this list of God’s 10 Best Dressed Women over a year ago. Unfortunately, when I wrote the list down, I didn’t write down the source. I love this list, and I love that all 10 can be backed up with scripture.
God’s 10 Best Dressed Women
1. The woman whose modesty adorns her.
2. The woman who cloths herself in good works.
3. The woman who does not garb herself with gossip
4. The woman who refuses to wear the garment of idleness.
5. The woman whose warmth is generated by an inner love of others.
6. The woman who dresses that she may not be a stumbling block to others.
7. The woman whose feet are shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.
8. The woman who sparkles, not of jewelry, but with her love for her family.
9. The woman who drapes herself with chasteness an fidelity.
10. The woman whose best suit is her love for Christ and His church.
There are many Bible verses that mention the traits in this list. Christian women are often encouraged to be like the Proverbs 31 woman. And Proverbs 31 mentions several of the traits on this list.
Proverbs 31: 10-31
husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. 12 She does him good and
not evil All the days of her life. 13 She seeks wool and flax, And willingly works with
her hands. 14 She is like the merchant ships, She brings her food from afar. 15 She
also rises while it is yet night, And provides food for her household, And a portion for
her maidservants. 16 She considers a field and buys it; From her profits she plants a
vineyard. 17 She girds herself with strength, And strengthens her arms. 18 She
perceives that her merchandise is good, And her lamp does not go out by night.
19 She stretches out her hands to the distaff, And her hand holds the spindle.
20 She extends her hand to the poor, Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is clothed with
scarlet. 22 She makes tapestry for herself; Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, When he sits among the elders
of the land. 24 She makes linen garments and sells them, And supplies sashes for the
merchants. 25 Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of
idleness. 28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he
praises her: 29 ”Many daughters have done well, But you excel them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she
shall be praised. 31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, And let her own works
praise her in the gates.
*I did several online searches looking for this list. After going through pages and pages of results with different search engines, I was unable to find it. If you know of the original source, please let me know so I can give proper credit. Thanks.