I own several Bibles. Different sizes, different translations. If you are a Christian, you may as well. I was very interested when I heard about the new The Tony Evans Study Bible. Here’s why.
Tony Evans is one of the most influential church leaders of our time and has been studying and preaching the Gospel for over 50 years. He serves as senior pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, TX and founder of The Urban Alternative, a ministry which promotes a kingdom agenda philosophy designed to enable people to live all of life underneath the comprehensive rule of God.
The Tony Evans Study Bible includes extensive study notes and other ancillary resources carefully crafted and curated by Dr. Tony Evans as General Editor and adapted from his sermons, teachings, and writings. These features are strategically placed alongside the biblical text to explain God’s Word in a fresh way. Applying these truths will empower readers to have transformed lives that then transfer the values of the kingdom of God to others.
The Tony Evans Study Bible Review & Giveaway
The features of The Tony Evans Study Bible are many:
- Beautiful design with a hard cardboard slip cover perfect for gift giving – see picture above
- Study notes crafted from Tony Evans sermons and writings
- 40 inspirational articles
- 50 “Lessons on Kingdom Living,”
- A plethora of “Questions & Answers”
- Numerous “Hope Words”
- Over 150 videos of sermons – I know, I asked it myself. Videos in a Bible? This Bible has QR codes throughout, just hover your smart phone’s camera over the QR code and the video pops up. Very cool, and convenient. See picture below
- Teaching from Dr. Evans
- Page-edge cross-reference system
- Black-letter text
- Presentation page
- Introductory front matter – The How to Use This Study Bible & the How to Study the Bible Sections are awesome.The Introduction to the Christian Standard Bible tells all about this translation, how it came about, how they did it, and the abbreviations they use in this translation, among other sections.
- Special back matter section with key definitions – the first time I’ve seen a Definitions of Key Terms and Doctrines of the Christian Faith section. Love it!
- Theological and doctrinal charts
- Other study helps
- Bible reading plan – There is a 3 year plan and a 1 year plan
- Full-color maps
The Tony Evans Study Bible features the highly readable, highly reliable text of the Christian Standard Bible. The CSB stays as literal as possible to the Bible’s original meaning without sacrificing clarity, making it easier to engage with Scripture’s life-changing message and to share it with others. I have found this translation to be very easy to read.
The Tony Evans Study Bible is a great addition to my Bible collection. Not only that, but I believe it will be a great addition, and help, with my Bible reading and study time. Perfect for adults, and kids old enough to read a regular Bible.
The Tony Evans Study Bible retails for $69.99, visit the website for more information about purchasing.
The Tony Evans Study Bible Giveaway
Simply fill out the from below to enter the giveaway to win a copy of The Tony Evans Study Bible. Be sure to read the terms and conditions on the form!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” My opinions are my own.
Linda’s Lunacy is not responsible for prize fulfillment.