Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread

I just made this today.  I tasted it so I could tell you how it was, even though I’m not supposed to eat wheat. It’s sooooo good! I’m definitely going to have to make a gluten free version!

Linda's Lunacy Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread

CINNAMON APPLE BANANA BREAD

1 cup sugar
1/2 butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups flour
2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped.

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 bread pans.

In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork, then add to the sugar mixture.

Linda's Lunacy

In a separate bowl, mix the baking soda & flour together. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture. Mix until all ingredients are moistened. Add chopped apples, stirring until they are incorporated into the batter.

Bake at 350 for one hour, covering the tops of the pans lightly with aluminum foil. Remove the foil, bake for 10 more minutes or until a toothpick  inserted in the bread comes out clean.

Adapted from Frugal Follies Apple Banana Bread

*Affiliate Link for products I use to make this recipe:

Be Sociable, Share!

Speak Your Mind

CommentLuv badge

Comments

1. Ok, I can’t wait to try this one!!!!
    Stop by and link up at What’s Cooking Wednesday!
    denise recently posted..One Minute Peanut Butter CakeMy Profile

2. I have never seen a recipe with both bananas and apples. This looks so good. I bookmarked it for apple season.:)

3. Oh, this looks so good. I have so many bananas in my freezer, they are falling out when I open the door!!. I will definitely by baking this over the weekend. I linked to you from Friday Foods. Thanks

4. Lea H @ Nourishing Treasures says:

Thanks for leaving your post here as part of the Living Well link-up! We appreciate the contribution!

5. Well, I read between the lines and was able to figure out what was supposed to happen and made two batches of this for the office and friends. Came out good and am making some more tonight to use up the bananas in the freezer. I have one apple left and then will sub in some shredded zucchini and nuts. Simple, easy and good.

6. Kelley H. says:

My family had severe but allergies and I love to see a recipe for banana that doesn’t have nuts in it! Thank you!

7. That sure does sound good. I’ll bet the house smelled good while it was cooking too.

8. Linda Manns Linneman says:

This looks and sounds so good. I am going to have to give it a try. Thank you for sharing

9. Cindy S. says:

Yummy! Just pinned this as it looks sooo delicious!

10. Betty B. says:

Perfect timing I have a bunch of overipe bananas I know what I’ll be using them for tomorrow!

11. Diana C says:

Oh, I love a good baking recipe. One of my favorite recipes to make is banana muffins. So you know I will look into this recipe. Thanks!

Diana C

12. vickie couturier says:

ive got to make this,,it looks so good

13. A great alternative to the normal banana bread I usually make

14. That’s a nice change of pace from the traditional banana bread. When apples are in season and we buy a bag I’m always looking for new ideas on how to use them.

15. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

This sounds amazing! Thanks for the recipe. Will be a must try!

16. Linda Manns Linneman says:

This sounds so good. It will make a great snack. Thank you so much for sharing

17. Well thank you this sounds like a good recipe. I would love to try it. Thanks.

18. I’m not very good when it comes to baking. I usually end up burning everything.

19. This sounds so good! A perfect treat for this time of year when things get a little boring and you need something different.

20. To some, bread is a classic comfort food. I personally can’t eat much bread because it gives me trouble. I get terribly bloated and full for the rest of the day. That’s after one slice.

21. Lisa Coomer Queen says:

We have bread at every meal. Probably shouldn’t but we do. This will be a great addition!

22. cheryl c. says:

Sounds delicious and easy to make!

23. Erin Hussman says:

This looks great, I have tons of bananas. I get them on sale and freeze them.
    Sunday is baking day for me – This is going on the list.

24. The bread looks a bit dark. I suppose it’s from the cinnamon. This would be good with a glaze or cream cheese frosting.

25. Linda Manns Linneman says:

This looks and sounds so good. I really appreciate this recipe. Thank you so much

26. Jessica Snow says:

Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe. I will be making some this weekend.

27. Pam V H says:

I love banana bread AND apple bread, so this must be outstanding!

28. Alejandra Gastaldi says:

Looks delicious!

29. Baking bread takes practice. I’ve tried a couple of times to make home made bread. It should have been varnished and used as a doorstop.

30. Lori D. says:

This looks yummy!

31. Linda Manns Linneman says:

I love cinnamon apples and bananas. This sounds so good. Thank you for sharing

32. cinnamon makes everything better. I would add nuts too

33. Barb Stenby says:

This recipe looks amazing can’t wait to try it!

34. Diana C says:

This is making my mouth water. Yum! Thanks for sharing, we always have bananas that are going bye bye around the house here.

Diana C

35. This just happens to be one of my favorite bread, apple , banana and a few others loll :) great recipe and thanks for share
    Dorothy Boucher recently posted..This is the title of your first image postMy Profile

36. This sounds like it would make a good french toast. Or some kind of dessert. Maybe with a scoop of ice cream while it’s still warm.

37. Jane Ritz says:

Oh, I will make this. It won’t last long enough to cool off. This recipe is a real winner!

38. Oh My this is the kind of food that I love. Thanks for the recipe

39. I love a good recipe to start the day. Yum. I will have to save this for the weekend.

Diana C

40. Theresa Smith says:

I make banana bread a lot. I will have to try it with apples in it to see if we like it.

41. WOW! That’s a great recipe incorporating two of my favorite fruits, apple and banana, then throw in some cinnamon and you’ve really taken it to the next level! Thank you for sharing your recipe for Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread!

42. This recipe would be good with chopped nuts, and some chocolate or cinnamon chips in it. I suppose the banana makes the bread moist.

43. Anything with bananas are a big hit in my house. My family will eat anything banana related. I really like this recipe. I should try it as a good snack/treat this weekend.

44. Pam V H says:

This would be a nice bread to mail to someone you care about.

45. Linda Manns Linneman says:

I haven’t tried this yet but I can’t wait until I do. It sounds so good. Thank you so much for sharing

46. Richard Hicks says:

Looks great and will give it a try sometime soon.

47. Carolyn Daley says:

The recipe looks delicious! I would add nuts and precut slices for an easy snack to grab and go.

48. This looks like a wonderful fruit bead.

49. Peggy Kovach says:

Can’t wait to try this great sounding recipe.

50. Wendi W says:

mmmm i bet it is a very moist and yummy bread thank you for the recipe for sure gonna try this i love cooking with apples

51. Kricket Fountain says:

You are making this pregnant lady drool right now! I love apple, cinnamon and banana, so the fact that they’re all hanging out together in this bread is really bad news for me. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe, I WILL be making this, hopefully it turns out great!

52. Dana Morin says:

I love this recipe, I’m definitely going to try this.

53. Looks like a very straightforward recipe. I love good recipes especially if it is for something to bake.

Thanks for sharing.

Diana C

54. Nickie Busco says:

Oooooo I will be making this!!!!!! It sounds amazing!!!!!

55. Jennifer H. says:

Ughhh I remember what banana bread tasted like but them I became allergic to eggs and bananas :-( but this looks amazing. Wish I could figure a bread recipe like this (sweet almost desert bread) that didn’t have Egg or banana

56. Christina Strapp says:

This sounds so good and something I will try. I have never made it with apples.

57. Lynn Shires says:

This bread looks so good. I am going to make it this weekend.

58. Dee Lafrenz says:

I am pinning this on Pinterest, I have to try it. Thank you for the recipe! We love to fry banana bread in a frying pan, you just slice, butter and fry it! YUM! We have that for breakfast, with coffee. I will try this, and not tell my hubby, and see if he can taste it.

Trackbacks

1. […] spoils the joy. So to give you a break from the Apple Pie doldrums I’d like to share this Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread from Linda’s Lunacy. It looks delish and I can’t wait to get my next mess of apples to give it a […]