I remembered having something almost 30 years ago. I don’t remember what she called it, but I remember it being good. She made two large hamburger patties, cooked them and stacked them with onions, green peppers and tomatoes. That’s how I remember it, anyway
So I decided to re-create it from memory. I call it:
Amounts will depend on you. Use more or less of the vegetables to your taste. Use more or less hamburger, depending on how many people your serving.
I used two pounds of hamburger divided into two patties. I topped them with diced green peppers and diced onion. You could also cook the patties without the onions and the green peppers, and add them raw later. I didn’t any any seasonings to the hamburger, but you certainly could.
I baked these patties *350 for about 30 minutes. Time will depend on thickness of patties, and how well done you want them.
I then put diced tomatoes on one layer, topped with the second pattie and more tomatoes.
If your using raw onions and green peppers, layer them with the tomatoes.
I sliced it up like a pie and served with baked potatoes and green beans.
My family loved it! They were disappointed that I didn’t make more.
|Hamburger Pie Recipe|
- Onions, diced
- Green Peppers, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Seasonings to taste
- Amounts will depend on you. Use more or less of the vegetables to your taste. Use more or less hamburger, depending on how many people your serving.
- Shape hamburger into two patties, seasoning as desired. Top with onions and green peppers (or add them raw after cooking).
- Bake at *350 for 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Top one pattie with tomatoes, If using raw onions and green peppers layer them now. Then layer other pattie and more tomatoes (and onions ang green peppers).
- To serve, slice like a pie.
For more tips and recipes, visit: