I decided I wanted to start with a mix, so I could whip up the salad dressing quickly and easily when I need it. Here’s what I came up with:
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano, fresh or dried
- 1 Teaspoon Basil, fresh or dried
- ¼ Teaspoon Thyme, fresh or dried
- ½ Teaspoon dried Celery leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
- 1½ Teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Place all ingredients in an air tight container. I use a canning jar. Shake or stir.
- To make Salad Dressing:
- In a jar, I use a canning jar, place
- - 2 Tablespoons Water
- - 2 Tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- - ¼ cup vinegar
- - ½ cup Light Olive Oil
- Shake well before serving. It separates quickly, so shake often while serving. I make in a canning jar, so it's easy to shake during the meal.
This mix makes it very convenient to make your own Italian Salad Dressing. My whole family loves this salad dressing. Even the kids! lol
Check out my recipe for Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing.
Leave a Reply