I decided I wanted to start with a mix, so I could whip up the salad dressing quickly and easily when I need it. Here’s what I came up with:
|Italian Salad Dressing Mix||
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano, fresh or dried
- 1 Teaspoon Basil, fresh or dried
- 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme, fresh or dried
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried Celery leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Place all ingredients in an air tight container. I use a canning jar. Shake or stir.
- To make Salad Dressing:
- In a jar, I use a canning jar, place
- - 2 Tablespoons Water
- - 2 Tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- - 1/4 cup vinegar
- - 1/2 cup Light Olive Oil
- Shake well before serving. It separates quickly, so shake often while serving. I make in a canning jar, so it’s easy to shake during the meal.
If you want a freshier, chunkier Italian Salad Dressing, use fresh herbs, onions, garlic and celery. Use your favorite vinegar and oil. I use about half apple cider vinegar and half white vinegar.
So far, I have made salad dressing from this mix 3 times. I still have enough for 2 more times, I think, I haven’t measured it out. So this recipe is very economical. And good, too!
For more recipes, visit: