My family loves Tater Tot Casserole. I’ll eat it, but I’m not all that crazy about it. I’m also not thrilled with using canned cream soups in cooking. One of these days, I’ll experiment and make it from scratch, without the soups. For now, they love it, so we make it 2 or 3 times a year.
My son wanted to make it for dinner yesterday Fathers day. There must be a million and one recipes online for Tater Tot Casserole. I thought I’d share how I make it anyway. Might as well make it one million and two. lol
It’s really simple. Brown the hamburger, onions, and green peppers. Place in pan and top with tater tots.
Mix the milk and soup together. Pour over the tater tots.
- 1 lb Hamburger
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- 3 lb tater tots
- 2 10¾ ounce cans cream of something soup (use your favorite, chicken, mushroom, cheese, etc.)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Brown Hamburger. Cook onions and peppers until onions are translucent, either with hamburger or in separate pan.
- Place cooked hamburger, onions and green peppers in the bottom of a 13x9" pan.
- Spread tater tots on top of hamburger.
- In a bowl, mix the milk and soups together.
- Pour evenly over tater tots.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
For more tips and recipes, visit: