I’ve been making this Taco Pasta Salad for almost 5 years. And we still love it. This recipe is from the July/August 2006 issue of Country Woman Magazine. Everyone that I have served it to, loves it. Hope you do too!
Taco Pasta Salad
3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
3 3/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
3 3/4 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground mustard
7 cups torn iceberg lettuce
1 – 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning; heat through.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, sugar and mustard; set aside.
3. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add beef and mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Add lettuce, tomatoes and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- I have also used elbow, shells and other shaped pasta. They all work well.
- I don’t like mustard, so I don’t use it.
- I have used all kinds of lettuce, not just iceberg. I use raw spinach, too.
- You can also use plain tortilla chips. Or none. I often serve this without chips.
- We like to sprinkle the cheese on the top, instead of stirring in.
- It’s delicious served warm like the recipe says. I also make this ahead of time and refrigerate. Served cold with or without chips it makes a great summer meal.